Some applications of our method
Il cambio generazionale di un’azienda familiare
MOPP Integrated Method – Case study
The enterpreneurial family needed to address a generational change and to be supported while building a strategy – and management-oriented mentality.
The cross-functional team involved two members of the family in the business management and some key coworkers.
We dealt with management-related tasks: processes and work procedure arrangements, workforce suitability, margin monitoring.
- We gave the family, especially the offspring, a clear business vision, we reminded them who they are, which are their grounding values, why they are where they are and why they decided to become entrepreneurs;
- We gave the workforce a sense of trust in their own abilities despite the critical moment;
- Ee provided functional analysis tools.
- We brought order and structure to the productivity chain
- Company internationalisation and export marketing management for 3 years handled by Veit Romeo.
We led the company to redefine its positioning on the market;
10 new markets openings from Saudi Arabia to Mongolia;
Export turnover increase from 70 to 90%;
Complete resilience to the pandemic events in 2020.
Restyling dell’aspetto di un edificio
Caso studio di Consulenza Architetturale ed Edile per Aziende
The eco-monster we worked on was placed in a prestigious urban context, built with materials conveying coldness and distance.
The company board requested a project to create a space which could become a focal point between the company and the customers.
the company couldn’t lose its image of robustness: the building was imposing and solid.
Positioning green areas in the location was a winning choice. It amplified the sense of hospitality and enhanced the pleasantness of the location through vegetal elements with high chromatic impact.
We designed an iron structure to support porcelain berry plants.
The situation over time
through the installation of the iron structure plus the green element, the company gained both a solar screen on the glass windows facing south which had a positive effect on the comfort of the employees working in that area and a choreographic element on the main façade provided by the chromatic effect of the berry plants leaves during the seasons. That was achieved without major interventions or high maintenance costs.
Guidare l’azienda nella digitalizzazione dei processi amministrativi
Caso studio di management aziendale
The company called us because they needed to address some issues concerning the digitalisation of a portion of the administrative procedures.
The customer was frustrated as they had numerous costly offers from several consulting companies, but they were concerned about the risk of ineffectiveness and the amount of the investment.
- Analysis and evaluation of the software houses offer proposal.
- We re-evaluated the project starting form the company actual needs.
We called some of the old suppliers and we presented a more detailed request
Reduction of the investment amount from the original offer
Removal of the old and redundant software
Repositioning of resources due to the time optimisation gained through the digitalisation
Optimisation of the data flow towards different areas of the company with a better business intelligence chance.
Metodo e strategie per un migliore controllo di gestione
Caso studio di Consulenza Direzionale per aziende
This case is still ongoing. The starting point led to the development of a more complex path according to newly aroused needs.
The General Manager asked for our intervention on a SME controlled by a group based in the US. The head group is a world group which has expanded its market presence in several countries and contacted our customer in Italy, which is now a leader of the European market.
They contacted us to deal with management consulting.
We build the new managing system basing it on what was already running in the company (IT-related) and adding some touches on reporting logic and budget analysis.
What we addressed during our consultation:
- Commercial inefficiency;
- Logistics inefficiency: material and equipment shipments and also installation and testing inefficiency as they usually took longer than expected;
- Purchasing inefficiency.
After the first step we supported our customer in other activities, as per their request:
- organisational set-up revision,
- workforce selection support,
- monthly budget definition support – especially for the order-related budget and the wip,
- setting and revision of the yearly budget,
- KPI evaluation support for the employees and involvement in the definition of growth and educational strategies,
- evaluation and analisys of competitors development projects ,
- communication strategy setting,
Today the company regularly employs monitoring tools for cost accounting, order, brand, wip, etc. Everything is set according to the financial report, which is filled monthly in accordance with the US Headquarters.
Our MOPP method materialized in different ways:
Board 55: to gather data and general info for the management control
SWOT analisys: to evaluate strenght and weakness points of the company
Re-engineering process tools
Rendere più efficiente un’azienda sanitaria
Caso studio di Management per RSA
This case history is about a nursing home with:
- a long-standing history
- with the legal form of a foundation
- partially renovated building but still suitable for the work-related activities
These were our customer’s requests:
- How can my organisation be more efficient?
- How can I have a suitable management structure?
1. Organisational structure analysis
We carried out the organisational analysis both by gathering research material and by speaking to people involved in the job. We used the following MOPP tools:
- Board 55: to gather data and general info for the management control
- SWOT analysis: to evaluate the strenght and weakness points of the company
- PESTEL: A more detailed tool than SWOT, it aims to point out the elements of social and legislative influencing factors in a field as disciplined as health care.
A crucial element to consider is the number of beds (75 in this case) because it determines the organisational strategy.
It is also crucial for the management to know all the local regulation in the sanitary and social sanitary field which are issued every year by the local authorities.
The organisation chart was suitable for the customer’s requests in terms of offered service and assigned tasks.
The key figures were
- Doctors (especially those with a specialisation in geriatrics)
- professional nurses
- social care auxiliary nurses
- health care operators
However, a psychologist evaluated the company climate and observed some issues:
- a responsibility void from the nurse coordinator
- an uneven common language. One of the operators mistook “indication” and “prescription”
- twos members of the staff created difficulties with internal communication
2. Business processes analysis
The business processes are related to the available beds:
- number of available beds in accordance with the local authorities.
- Number of available beds dedicated to temporary hospitalization.
- staff schedules
- management processes thorugh on-site audits
What we observed:
- poorly exectued tasks
- operators who worked alone while moving patients
- weak training
- mismatched operators uniform
- use of perfume and scented deodorants
- operators wearing no tags
How we dealt with those issues:
- improvement of the team work with special attention to the assigned tasks and patients transporting
- better staff training
- reinforcement of the rules of conduct and access to the workplace
3. Management control system
The control system was set to be functional and suitable to the target.
It consisted of two steps:
a. KPI identification both for the quality and the management system
b. Periodic report with:
- Monthly occupancy rate and evaluation according to the budget
- patient average stay
- occupancy per patient category (cl1, cl2, cl5, cl7, cle8)
- contribution per patient category
- patient weekly minute count
- actual minute (hours) count
We worked with the existing software as there was no need of investing in a new one.